Finding Cheap Airline Tickets
March 11, 2014
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles.
So you’ve decided to take a vacation and are looking to fly to your destination. You’re excited about your trip until you start thinking about having to find airline tickets. The first thing most people think about when looking for airline tickets is how can I find the cheapest flights possible. Here are a few money saving pointers to follow when starting the ticket search:
- Start your search early in the morning as this is usually when the best rates are available.
- Look through more than one site to find the best price. There are many websites out there that offer airline tickets and the prices can vary on each site. Search multiple sites to see which one can offer you the best deal.
- Be flexible with departure times. You might have to adjust your schedule for leaving and arriving but this could save you big in ticket fees.
- Try leaving from a larger airport. Instead of flying out of the smaller airport that’s close to home, look into driving an extra hour or two to a larger airport. Larger airports offer more flights throughout the week and sometimes offer them at a lower rate. That extra drive could prove beneficial.
- Try applying for an airline rewards card. Airline rewards credit cards allow you to earn frequent flyer miles or points for purchases made on the card. These miles and points can then be used towards your travel expenses. Some of them also offer waived baggage fees.
- Be open to taking a connecting flight instead of flying straight through. Taking a connecting flight might take longer, but it’s another way to keep money in your pocket.