If you own your own small business or have a side hustle that brings in sizeable income, there are plenty of reasons to pick up a credit card specifically for business purchases. Having a dedicated business credit card can help you keep business and personal expenses separate, which can speed things along and help you stay organized for tax time. A business credit card can also work as a short-term line of business credit if you need one. Finally, many business credit cards offer useful consumer perks that can help your business save money and time — benefits like cell phone insurance, primary auto rental coverage, and zero fraud liability.
Even if you don’t care about any of the perks we’ve covered so far, there’s another reason to get a business credit card — the rewards you can earn. Many of the top business cards make it easy to earn considerable rewards for every dollar your business spends.
We love the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card because it offers a little bit of everything on this list. Not only does it offer lucrative rewards you can use in several different ways, but you get insurance products and consumer protections, too. You can also qualify for a huge signup bonus right off the bat, and that never hurts.
- Credit Recommended (660-850):
- Intro Rewards Bonus
- Earn 100,000 bonus points
- Annual Fee
- Regular APR
- 16.24% - 21.24% Variable
- Rewards Rate 1
- Earn 3 points per $1 in select business categories
- Product Type
- Business Card
- Credit Recommended
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card — the Business Card Everyone Could Benefit From
When it comes to business credit cards, you generally have to pick between superior perks or profitable rewards. With the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, however, you get both.
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is part of one of the most lucrative rewards programs in the world — Chase Ultimate Rewards®. This program lets you earn points you can redeem for travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards® portal or transfer to popular airline and hotel programs at a 1:1 ratio. You can also cash them in for gift cards or statement credits at a rate of one cent per point or use them to make purchases directly on Amazon.com.
With all these different ways you can use your points, this card ensures you’ll never be stuck with rewards you can’t use. Even if you’re not huge on travel, you could surely use a $800+ in gift cards or statement credits right off the bat, right?
If you do love to travel, you’ll be happy to know Chase partners with some of the best hotel and airline programs in the business. Partners you can transfer points to include:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- British Airways Executive Club
- Emirates Skywards®
- Flying Blue AIR FRANCE KLM
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®
- United MileagePlus®
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- IHG® Rewards Club
- Marriott Bonvoy™
- World of Hyatt®
In terms of earning points, you’ll have a lot more to look forward to outside of a big signup bonus. This card offers 3x points on up to $150,000 spent each year on travel including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets and taxis, shipping purchases, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines, and internet, cable, and phone services. You’ll also earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases, which will add up over time.
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card also offers an impressive suite of benefits you can access entirely for free as a cardholder. Consumer protections and perks you can look forward to include trip cancellation/interruption insurance, cell phone protection, travel and emergency assistance services, extended warranties, purchase protection, roadside dispatch, and auto rental collision damage waiver.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Where it Comes Up Short
It’s difficult to find much fault with the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card considering its expansive rewards program, generous earning structure, and large signup bonus. The only real downsides we could come up with were the annual fee and the fact you only earn 1 point per $1 spent on regular purchases.
Note that the $95 annual fee is not waived the first year, meaning you’ll have to pay it right away. This card may also not be your best option if your business doesn’t spend a lot in the 3x bonus categories offered. If you have a lot of purchases that would only earn 1 point per $1 spent with this card, you may be better off with a business card that offers 2x points on everything you buy. The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business is a smart option to check out since it offers a big signup bonus and 2x points on everything with no bonus categories to keep track of.
Also note that some business credit cards do offer more robust travel benefits if that’s something your business needs. The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card does offer a lucrative travel rewards program, but it does not offer travel perks like airport lounge access or hotel status.
The Bottom Line
If you want a business credit card for any reason, it would be hard to do better than the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card. This card really is the best business credit card on the market thanks to its robust and flexible rewards program, suite of consumer benefits, free insurance products, and low annual fee.
Still, we do think this card is best for a few different types of consumers. Consider this card if:
- You want a travel credit card that lets you transfer points to hotel and airline partners
- You also want the ability to use points to book travel directly, or to redeem for cash-back or gift cards
- You don’t want to pay a huge annual fee
- You want access to insurance products like trip cancellation/interruption coverage, auto rental coverage, and cell phone coverage
While the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is probably the best business credit card out there, it still makes sense to compare it to competing cards. While there are business credit cards for every type of business owner, the best on the market offer lucrative rewards programs and protections and cardholder benefits that can help business owners save money.
Best Business Credit Cards
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles. The information is accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted; however, all credit card information is presented without warranty. Please check the issuer’s website for the most current information.