Credit repair options for bad credit to boost your credit score.
January 4, 2011
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles.
When you are working to repair bad credit, the main focus should be on paying off your existing debt. Bad credit cannot be erased immediately. Here are some things you can do to build your credit score and erase bad credit on your credit report:
- Request your minimum payments be adjusted if you cannot afford them.
- Make all of your payments on time, even if you can only afford the minimum balance.
- Continue to pay off your high balances to reduce your utilization ratio.
- Contact your credit card companies and request a reduction in your interest rate.
- Check with your lending agencies and look at your refinance options to see if it would benefit you to refinance your auto or home loans.
Lenders prefer to see lower utilization ratios on the amount of credit available to the outstanding balance and want to see that you are making progress in getting your debt paid down.