Here is a “How To” list of tips to help you avoid overspending this holiday season.
- Have a budget! STICK TO IT!!
- Make a list of whom you are buying gifts.
- Decide how much you are going to spend on each gift.
- Have the list with you at all times when shopping.
- Check each person off as you buy their gift and what you spent.
- Attempt to make your own gifts and holiday cards. This is an inexpensive way to make very personal gifts.
- Use e-card services or create your own holiday note or card. Send them electronically to help save on postage fees.
- Do some due diligence. Shop around for the best deals/sales on the products you intend to purchase on your list. Look online for cash back rewards, coupons, better discounts, and free shipping incentives.
- Know and use the credit cards that offer the best reward options. Make sure to pay off the total amount on the next billing cycle to avoid the accumulated interest.
- Redeem your credit card rewards or points for holiday travel and shopping.
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles. The information is accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted; however, all credit card information is presented without warranty. Please check the issuer’s website for the most current information.