- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Submit verification of enrollment at your school, a copy of your most recent transcripts, and your essay.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Limit of one (1) entry per applicant.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense;
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board,Travel, Research, Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution
Submit a brief essay between 400 to 800 words detailing why you chose your major or the importance of your field of study. Your essay should reflect your personal thoughts and experiences that led you to your selected major, so there no need to be too formal.
- Individual scholarship award amount of $1,000.
- Recipient will be notified via email and announced on our CreditSoup page (CreditSoup.com/scholarship) and our CreditSoup social media pages.
- If recipient does not meet all eligibility requirements, a new recipient will be selected.
- Recipients must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax benefits of the scholarship.
- Award amount will be made out to the recipient’s school in the form of a check and mailed to the recipient’s personal address.
Please complete all of the information below, along with all attachments requested. All incomplete applications will be disqualified. See application, eligibility, and entry requirements above for complete details. All applications must be complete and submitted by December 15, 2019 for consideration.