5 Steps to Begin Your Home-Buying Process
June 1, 2015
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles. The information is accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted; however, all credit card information is presented without warranty. Please check the issuer’s website for the most current information.
Springtime brings an upswing in home sales - if you’re looking to move, or even purchase your first home, it’s best to get everything in order now before you start the whole process. Here are the top 5 starting steps to accomplish to make sure the home-buying process is a breeze!
- Make sure your credit is in tip-top shape! Pull your reports to make sure there are no errors. If you do find some mistakes, work on getting these taken care of before you apply for a mortgage.
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Save for down payments, closing fees, and an emergency fund for all of those things that could go wrong!
- Talk with a trusted mortgage loan officer. Do your research; talk to friends, coworkers, and family to see who they’ve used – and shop around for the best rates that each lender would be able to offer.
- Get prequalified for a home loan. This way, you can know what is even reasonable for a home payment. Remember - it is not always best to use the maximum loan amount you qualify for. Do some math to find out what your payments would be and see if they’ll realistically fit in your budget.
- Make a list of your wants, must-haves, and deal-breakers in a house– and start your house hunting!
Buying a home can be a stressful and anxious time for any potential homeowner. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you start the process and that should help ease a bit of the stress! Good luck on your house hunt!