5 Great (But Frugal!) Mother’s Day Gifts
May 1, 2015
Editorial Disclaimer: Information in these articles is brought to you by CreditSoup. Banks, issuers, and credit card companies mentioned in the articles do not endorse or guarantee, and are not responsible for, the contents of the articles.
Flowers are starting to bloom, the grass is actually green now, the birds are singing – May has arrived! This month brings many things to be excited about: the warmer weather, the beginning of summer activities, graduations, and Mother’s Day.
(“Oh no…I forgot about Mother’s Day…”)
No fear! We’ll help everyone out with a few great (but frugal!) ideas for the mom in your life!
- Make her favorite meal or dessert. The key here: clean up after yourself!
- Take over her regular chores for the day (or weekend – there really is no limit here!)
- Spend time together with no distractions. Whether it’s a day of shopping, movie watching, or just relaxing, make it just about her. Put your phone away for the day!
- If you can’t be there in person to celebrate: write a letter and/or send her a handmade card. All this will cost is cheap supplies for the card, an envelope, and postage. A heartfelt letter can mean more to her than any gift could! If you can, you can also include gift certificates to get a massage or manicure/pedicure.
- Make a gift basket of some of her favorite things. With a little bit of searching, Easter supplies can still be found – for a great discount. Grab one of those colorful baskets and then fill it with her favorite things. Dollar stores come in handy with their huge selections of lotions, candles, nail polishes, and all other sorts of pampering materials. Grab a selection and a cute card, and you’ve got an affordable gift she’ll love!